The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was released in August 2015, featuring a 5.7 inch Quod HD super AMOLED display. After some phaphlet fans upgrade their Galaxy Note 4 to Note 5, they found some problems on the device, like damaged camera, broken ear speaker and vibrating motor etc. To help note 5 users tackle the phone’s problems, we work out several Note 5 repair tutorials:
● How to repair cracked Samsung Galaxy Note 5 screen with replacement?
● How to Repair a Broken Galaxy Note 5 Glass Back Cover with Replacement?
● How to Fix Broken Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Battery with Replacement?
Tips: These Note 5 repair tutorials may be useful for you in the future, so I suggest you bookmark the page so it will be easier to find in case you’ll encounter problems or want to make the most out of it.
In this post, we provide you how to step-by-step repair broken Galaxy Note 5 ear speaker and vibrating motor part.
Required Tools: Heat gun or hair drier, Spudger, Tweezers, Screwdriver, Plastic Opening Tools, Eject Pin, screen suction cup tool and prying tool
Required Part: A new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 ear speaker or vibrating motor replacement part
Step 1: Power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Remember to power your unit off.
Step 2: Remove the SIM card tray of Galaxy Note 5.
Take out your Note 5 SIM card tray before disassemble your phone.
Step 3: Release the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 S Pen.
If you encounter the stuck or jammed S-Pen problem, you can DIY fix it by following this tutorial: How to….
Step 4: Remove the Galaxy Note 5 back cover part.
To get into the Note 5, you need to disassemble the back cover with the help of heat gun or hair drier and case opening tool.
- Heat up the Note 5 back cover with the hair drier or heat gun and this process usually takes 1 or 2 minutes.
- After the adhesive holding the Note 5 screen assembly and back cover is soften, you can pull up the back panel with the suction cup tool.
- Push an opening tool into the gap between the Galaxy Note5 battery door and screen assembly and cut the adhesive.
- Pry up the Note 5 back cover and release it.
Note: The Galaxy note 5 back glass cover is firmly glued to the frame by the nasty sticker which is rock-solid and tight fit, making hard to open the phone. In hence, you need to handle it carefully to avoid any damage.
Step 5: Uninstall the 20 screws holding the Note 5 middle frame and LCD display assembly.
After you remove the Note 5 back glass cover, you can use the screwdriver to twist the 20 screws now.
Step 6: Remove the Galaxy note 5 middle frame.
- With the screws out, push the Galaxy note5 rear housing from screen assembly.
Note: If you find it difficult to push the Note 5 frame, you can insert a case opening tool into the gap between the screen assembly and middle frame to release the rear housing. Also, there is a little adhesive strip along the corner of the display assembly. Handle carefully and gently.
Step 7: Release the Galaxy note 5 ear speaker connectors.
Pry up the related Note 5 earpiece assemble connector on the motherboard with the help of spudger.
Step 8: Remove the broken Galaxy Note5 vibrating motor and ear speaker assembly.
Both of Note 5 ear speaker and motor vibrator are assembled to the front housing.
- You can use the tweezers to remove the damaged Note 5 vibrating motor part.
- Release the broken Note 5 ear speaker assembly part.
Step 9 Assemble the new vibrating motor or ear speaker replacement part of Samsung Note 5 to your phone.
– Take the new Note 5 vibrating motor or ear speaker assembly part.
– Change the broken Note 5 parts with new replacements and assemble all the components in reversal steps.
Is it difficult to DIY fix damaged or broken Galaxy Note 5 ear speaker or vibrating motor?
To replace broken Note 5 vibrating motor or ear speaker, you need to get into the phone. Disassembling the note5 back glass cover is necessary and it is the most difficult part during the repair process, for the back glass of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is firmly attached to its rear frame with strongly sticky glue. However, if have some DIY repair smartphone experience and handle carefully and gently in the whole process, replacing the broken Note 5 ear speaker and vibrating motor is not much difficulty for you. Anyway, we highly recommend you change the broken or damaged Galaxy Note 5 vibrating motor or ear speaker under the instructions of a qualified person to avoid any damage to your phone.
This Galaxy Note 5 repair video from YouTube is only for your reference. Hope you can successfully replace your broken Galaxy Note 5 vibrating motor and ear speaker part.
If you face any Galaxy Note5 problems, please feel free to let us know through the comments below.
Like the post? Share it now!