Designed with Corning Gorilla Glass 4, the Galaxy Note 5 features a 5.7 inch Quod HD super AMOLED display. A lot of Samsung fans upgrade their Note 4 to Note 5, but some note 5 users meet charging problems, like not charging properly, or not working charging. If your note 5 charging port is tested to be broken, you can learn from the following guide on How to fix broken Galaxy Note 5 charging port with new replacement step by step.
We also provide several Note 5 repair tutorials to help note 5 users tackle the phone’s problems:
● How to repair cracked Samsung Galaxy Note 5 screen with replacement?
● How to Repair a Broken Galaxy Note 5 Glass Back Cover with Replacement?
● How to Fix Broken Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Battery with Replacement?
The contents may be useful for you in the future, bookmarking the page is highly recommended. It will be easier to find in case you are the one of those encounter the same Note 5 repair problems or want to make the most out of it.
Step by step tutorial for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 broken charging port repair
Required Tools: Heat gun, Spudger, Screwdriver, Plastic Opening Tools, Eject Pin, Tweezers, screen suction cup tool and prying tool
Required Part: A new Samsung Galaxy note 5 charging port or USB board replacement
Step 1: Power off your Galaxy Note 5 and remove your SIM card tray.
● Press and hold the Note 5 power button and select power off.
● With the eject pin tool, take out the note 5 card tray.
Step 2: Remove the Galaxy Note 5 S pen.
We also provide tutorial on How to Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Stuck or Jammed S Pen Problem?
You can bookmark this tutorial in case you encounter a jammed or stuck Note 5 S pen problem.
Step 3: Heat up the Samsung Note 5 back cover.
● Use a heat gun or hair drier around the edges to soften the adhesive.
● With the help of suction cup tool, you can generate a gap between the Note 5 back cover and display assembly.
● Insert an opening tool into the gap between the battery door and Galaxy Note5 screen assembly and cut the adhesive holding the battery.
Note: It is quite difficult to remove the Samsung Note 5 back cover, for it is rock-solid and tight fit with strong adhesive. You need to handle carefully and gently during this process to avoid any damage to the Note 5 back glass or screen part. If you find it hard to push the case opening tool into the phone, you can heat the Note 5 back glass again to soften the adhesive.
Step 4: The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 battery door comes free now.
After you remove the Note 5 back glass cover, you can check out the adhesive sticker (the white strip).
Step 5: Undo the 20 screws holding the Note 5 middle frame.
These screws secure the Galaxy note 5 middle frame and LCD display assembly. You can twist them with the screwdriver tool.
Step 6: With the screws out, now separate the Galaxy Note 5 rear housing from the display assembly
Push the Galaxy note5 rear housing out from the screen assembly.
Note: There is a little adhesive strip along the corner of the display assembly. Handle carefully and gently.
Step 7: Remove the Samsung Galaxy Note5 motherboard.
● Pry up the related connectors on the motherboard with the help of spudger.
Note: These connectors include the Note 5 LCD and screen flex connectors, charging port flex connector, earpiece assembly connector, and home button connector. Remember to release the USB board connector on the back.
● Release the two pieces of RF signal flex cables with the help of tweezers.
Note: Some Note 5 versions may have only one piece of RF signal cable.
● Now lift up the Galaxy Note 5 motherboard.
Step 8: Release the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 battery.
● Release the Note 5 battery connector and then pry it up.
Note: There are some adhesive stickers underneath the battery, so you can heat up the battery if necessary.
● Use a hair drier or heat gun to loosen the glued adhesive around the Note 5 glass.
Note: The Note 5 screen is quite weak and the glued sticker is strong, so it is very difficult and risky to separate the Note 5 the front frame from the screen assembly.
● Slide into the gap between the Note 5 screen assembly and the front housing to cut the adhesive.
● Take out the Note 5s LCD screen assembly part
Note: You should pay attention to the soft sensor keys on the bottom especially the flex.
Step 10: Remove the damaged or broken Samsung Galaxy Note5 charging port assembly on front frame.
● Twist the screw holding the Note 5 USB board at first.
● Pry up the broken Note 5 charging port assembly carefully and gently.
Note: The Galaxy Note 5 USB board comes with soft sensor keys, integrated with the navigator flex between the device’s glass and LCD. Therefore, it is very difficult and risky to remove the broken Note 5 charging port.
Step 11: Assemble the new charging port replacement part of Samsung Note 5 to your phone.
● Take the new Note 5 USB board part or charging port assembly replacement.
● Change the broken Note 5 charging port with new replacements and assemble all the components in reversal steps.
Is it difficult to DIY fix damaged or broken Galaxy Note 5 charging port?
Actually it is quite difficult to change the broken Galaxy Note 5 charging port if you don’t master professional skills on smartphone repair. Also, you need to be aware that the Samsung Note 5 charging port comes with soft sensor keys, integrated with the navigator flex between the device’s glass and LCD, so to remove the USB board, you should first disassemble the Samsung Note 5 glass and front frame. It is risky to remove the note 5 USB board, so you’d better change the broken or damaged Galaxy Note 5 charging port under the instructions of a qualified person to avoid any possible damage to your phone.
This Galaxy Note 5 teardown video for components repair from YouTube is only for your reference. Hope you can successfully fix your broken Galaxy Note 5 charging port.
If you face any Galaxy Note 5 problems, please feel free to let us know through the comments below.
Like the post? Share it now!