As we all know, the phablet-style Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus features a curved-edge screen, and it is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4. Plenty of Samsung fans upgrade their phones to S6 Edge+ and some of them encounter some problems on the device, like not charging properly, or not working charging. In this post, we walk you through the step by step repair guide on how to fix damaged or broken Samsung S6 Edge Plus charging port with new replacement part. If your edge+ charging port is tested to be broken, you can follow the guide to fix it.
To help those people who experience a damaged or broken Edge+ to tackle the problems, we also provide other Galaxy S6 Edge Plus repair tutorials.
● How to Fix cracked Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ screen with replacement?
● How to Fix Broken Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ or Edge Plus Battery?
● How to Fix a Cracked Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ Glass Back Cover?
These repair tutorials may be useful for you in the future, so bookmarking the page is highly recommended. It will be easier to find in case you are the one of those encounter the same Galaxy S6 Edge Plus repair problems or want to make the most out of it.
How to fix broken or damaged Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus charging port or USB board step-by-step?
Required Tools: Heat gun or hair drier, Spudger, Screwdriver, Plastic Opening Tools, Eject Pin, Tweezers, screen suction cup tool and prying tool
Required Part: A new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ USB board or charging port replacement part
Step 1: Power your Samsung S6 Edge+ off.
● Press and hold the S6 plus power button and select power off.
Step 2: Remove the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SIM card tray.
● Use the eject pin tool to take out the edge+ SIM card tray.
Step 3: Release the Samsung S6 Edge Plus back cover.
● Apply a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the edge+ battery door to soften the sticker. It usually takes 1 or 2 minutes.
● Generate a gap between the galaxy S6 edge plus back panel and the rest of the body with the help of screen suction cup tool.
● Insert the case opening tool into the gap to cut the sticker. Sometimes, several case opening tools would be more helpful.
Tips: The nasty adhesive is rock-solid and tight fit within the frame, making hard to open the Galaxy S6 Edge plus device. In hence, you should handle this part carefully and patiently to avoid any possible damage to the glass. If you find it hard to cut the adhesive, you can use the heat gun or hair drier to heat up the S6 edge plus back cover again to soften the sticker.
Step 4: Unscrew the 18 screws holding the S6 edge plus rear housing.
● Use screwdriver tool to twist these screws, which secure the Samsung S6 edge+ middle frame and screen assembly.
Step 5: Remove the Samsung S6 Edge Plus middle frame.
● Push the Galaxy S6 Edge+ rear housing out from the LCD display assembly.
Note: If necessary, you can use case opening tool to separate the Galaxy Note 5 rear housing from the display assembly.
● Use the Spudger tool or case opening too to pry up the motherboard connectors of Samsung S6 Edge+.
Note: These connectors include the S6 Edge Plus LCD display connector, touch screen digitizer connector, proximity sensor, battery connector and ear speaker connector etc.
● Disconnect the two cables on the motherboard.
● Remember to life up the connector beneath the galaxy s6 edge+ motherboard.
Step 7: Release the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus battery.
Pry up the S6 edge+ battery connector and then release the battery.
Note: There are some adhesive stickers underneath the battery, so you can heat up the battery if necessary.
● To soften the adhesive firmly glued to the frame, you can use a heat gun or hair drier to heat up the glass.
Note: The S6 plus screen is quite weak and the sticker is strong, so it is very difficult and risky to separate the Galaxy S6 edge plus front frame from the screen assembly.
● Slide into the gap between the S6 edge+ front housing and the LCD display assembly to cut the adhesive.
● Take out the S6 plus front frame part. And you should pay attention to the soft sensor keys on the bottom especially the flex.
Step 9: Disassemble the broken or damaged Galaxy S6 Edge Plus charging port assembly.
● Twist the screw holding the S6 plus USB board at first.
● Pry up the broken Galaxy edge+ charging port assembly carefully and gently.
Note: The Galaxy S6 Edge Plus charging board is integrated with the navigator flex between the plus’s glass and LCD. And it is very difficult and risky to separate the S6 edge+ USB board from the front frame. If you need to pry up the S6 edge plus charging port, it is better disassemble it under the instruction of a qualified person.
Step 10: Assemble the new charging port replacement part of Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
● Take the new S6 edge+ charging port assembly or USB board part replacement part.
● Assemble the new S6 plus charging port as well as other disassembled components in reversal steps.
Is it difficult to DIY fix damaged or broken Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus charging port assembly?
To replace the broken S6 edge+ charging port, you need to disassemble most of the devices’ parts, like the back cover, rear housing, battery, motherboard and front frame. To disassemble the Galaxy S6 plus front housing is much difficult and it is also hard and risky to remove the Edge+ charging port assembly, for it is integrated with the navigator flex between the device’s glass and LCD. Anyway, if you acquire professional skills on DIY repairing Samsung smartphones, replacing a broken S6 Edge Plus charging port or USB board is nut much difficulty for you. You can save much money by DIY repair your broken s6 edge+, but you need to handle carefully and gently to avoid any possible damages to your phone. We highly recommend you change the broken Galaxy S6 Edge Plus charging port or USB board under the instructions of a qualified person.
This YouTube video on disassembling Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus would be helpful for you to fix broken edge+ charging port. It is only for your reference. Hope you can successfully replace your broke S6 Edge Plus USB board or charging port assembly with new replacement part.
If you face any Galaxy S6 Edge+ problems, please feel free to let us know through the comments below.
Like the post? Share it now!