Although Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus contains the glass-and-aluminum construction and curved-edge screen protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4, the unit will never be free from problems either caused by the firmware or hardware, like any other smartphones. To help those people who experience a damaged or broken S6 Edge+, we have provided a series of Galaxy S6 Edge Plus repair tutorials.
● How to Fix cracked Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ screen with replacement?
● How to Fix Broken Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ or Edge Plus Battery?
● How to Fix a Cracked Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ Glass Back Cover?
In this post, we walk you through the step by step repair guide on how to fix cracked, shattered or broken Galaxy S6 Edge Plus front frame or front housing with replacement.
Tips: These Samsung S6 Edge Plus repair tutorials may be useful for you in the future, so bookmarking the page is highly recommended. It will be easier to find in case you are the one of those encounter the same S6 Edge+ repair problems or want to make the most out of it.
How to step-by-step fix broken or cracked Galaxy S6 Edge+ front frame with new replacements?
Required Tools: Heat gun or hair drier, Spudger, Tweezers, Screwdriver, Plastic Opening Tools, Eject Pin, screen suction cup tool and prying tool
Required Part: A new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus front frame or front housing replacement part
Step 1: Power off your Galaxy S6 Edge+.
● Press and hold the edge plus power button and select power off.
● Use the eject pin tool to remove the S6 Edge+ card tray.
Step 3: Heat up the Galaxy S6 Plus back glass cover and cut the adhesive.
To get into the Samsung S6 Edge+, you need to remove the plus back glass cover at first. Follow these steps below.
● Use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the adhesive holding the edge+ battery door for 1 or 2 minutes.
● With a suction cup tool, you can pull the S6 plus back cover up to generate a gap between the back glass cover and the screen assembly.
● Push the case opening tool into the gap and try to cut the sticker, and then remove the Samsung S6 Edge plus back panel part.
Tips: The nasty adhesive holding the S6 Edge plus back panel is rock-solid and tight fit. In hence, you should handle this part carefully and patiently to avoid any damage to the glass. If you find it difficult to cut the sticker, you can apply the heat gun or hair drier again to soften the adhesive.
Step 4: Dispatch the Galaxy S6 Plus back glass cover.
● Lift off the galaxy s6 edge+ back cover now.
Step 5: Unscrew the 18 screws securing the S6 Edge+ back frame and screen assembly.
● These screws holds the S6 plus LCD display assembly and rear housing tightly, so it needs more patients to twist them with a screwdriver.
Step 6: Remove the Samsung S6 Edge Plus rear frame.
● With the screws out, you can separate the s6 plus rear frame or rear housing from the LCD display screen assembly.
● Use the Spudger tool or case opening tool to pry up the related connectors.
Note: These connectors include the Galaxy Edge Plus LCD display connector, touch screen digitizer connector, proximity sensor, battery connector and ear speaker connector etc.
● Life up the connector beneath the Samsung S6 edge plus motherboard.
Step 8: Release the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus motherboard.
● After prying up all of connectors on the motherboard, you can easily lift off the s6 plus motherboard out of the Edge+ display assembly now.
Step 9: Remove the S6 edge+ ear speaker assembly and vibrating motor part.
● Use the tweezers tool to release the S6 edge plus ear speaker assembly and vibrating motor part.
Note: Both of the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus ear speaker and motor vibrator are installed to the front frame, so to replace the broken s6 plus front frame, you need to disassemble the two components at first.
Step 10: Remove the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus battery.
● Before prying up the S6 edge+ battery, you should release the battery connector from the motherboard.
Note: If you find it difficult to dispatch the Samsung S6 plus battery, you can use the heat gun or hair drier to heat up the battery if necessary, for there are some adhesive stickers underneath the battery.
Step 11: Remove the Samsung S6 Edge+ front frame.
● To soften the adhesive firmly glued to the frame, you can use a heat gun or hair drier to heat up the glass.
Note: The S6 plus screen is quite weak and the sticker is strong, so it is very difficult and risky to separate the Galaxy S6 edge plus front frame from the screen assembly.
● Slide into the gap between the S6 edge+ front housing and the LCD display assembly to cut the adhesive.
Take out the S6 plus front frame part. And you should pay attention to the soft sensor keys on the bottom especially the flex.
Note: The Galaxy S6 Edge Plus charging board is integrated with the navigator flex between the plus’s glass and LCD. And it is very difficult to pry up the S6 edge+ USB board from the front frame. If you need to remove the S6 edge plus charging port, it is better disassemble it under the instruction of a qualified person.
Step 12: Change the broken S6 Edge Plus front frame with a new replacement part.
● After the damaged s6 edge+ front housing is released, you can take a new front frame part for replacement.
● Assemble the new edge plus front frame as well as other components to your device in reversal steps.
Is it difficult to DIY fix damaged or broken Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus front frame or front housing part?
To replace the broken, shattered or cracked S6 edge+ front frame, you need to disassemble the back glass cover, rear frame, battery, motherboard and some small components. Also, it is quite difficult to remove the S6 Edge Plus charging port, for it is integrated with the navigator flex between the device’s glass and LCD. Anyway, if you get some experience of DIY repairing Samsung smartphones, replacing a cracked or broken S6 Edge Plus front frame is nut much difficulty for you. You can save much money by DIY repair your broken s6 edge+, but you need to handle carefully and gently to avoid any possible damages to your phone. We highly recommend you change the broken Galaxy S6 Edge Plus front frame or front housing part under the instructions of a qualified person.
This YouTube video on tearing down Galaxy S6 edge+ would be helpful for you to fix broken S6 plus front frame or front housing. It is only for your reference. Hope you can successfully replace your broke S6 Edge Plus front frame with new replacement part.
If you face any Galaxy S6 Edge+ problems, please feel free to let us know through the comments below.
Like the post? Share it now!