These last few days, the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus has been suffering from the complains as some users found that the Edge+ camera got problematical or became broken after one or two month usage. If you face the Samsung S6 Edge plus camera problems, like failed camera, disable camera or camera error, you can follow this tutorial to DIY repair S6 Edge+ broken or damaged camera with replacement to save money.
Here we offer you a step-by-step camera repair tutorial to help you fix a broken S6 Edge Plus front facing camera or rear facing camera with new replacement.
We also provide several Galaxy S6 Edge Plus repair tutorials to help edge+ users tackle the phone’s problems:
● How to Fix cracked Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ screen with replacement?
● How to Fix Broken Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ or Edge Plus Battery?
● How to Fix a Cracked Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ Glass Back Cover?
The tutorials may be useful for you in the future, so bookmarking the page is highly recommended. It will be easier to find in case you are the one of those encounter the same S6 Edge+ repair problems or want to make the most out of it.
How to fix a broken S6 Edge+ camera with new replacement?
Required Tools: Plastic Opening Tools, Screwdriver, Spudger, Tweezers, screen suction cup tool and Case opening tools, heat gun or hair drier
Step 1: Power off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
● Press and hold the Edge+ power button and select power off to start the broken camera repair.
Step 2: Take out the S6 edge plus SIM card tray
● Use the eject pin tool or tweezers to pop out the S6 edge plus SIM card tray.
Step 3: Remove the S6 Edge+ back glass cover.
● To dispatch the Galaxy S6 Plus back panel, you can use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the adhesive holding the battery door. It usually takes 1 or 2 minutes to soften the adhesive.
● Use the screen suction cup tool to create a gap between the Samsung edge plus back glass cover and the screen assembly.
● Push the case opening tool into the gap and try to cut the sticker, and then remove the Galaxy S6 Edge plus back glass part.
● Lift off the galaxy s6 plus back glass
Note: The back glass cover of Samsung S6 Edge+ is strongly glued by adhesive, so you need to handle it carefully to avoid any possible damage to the phone. If you find it hard to cut the rock-solid adhesive, you can apply the heat gun or hair drier again to loosen the adhesive.
Step 4: Unscrew the 18 screws installed in the Samsung S6 Edge plus middle frame.
These screws hold the Galaxy S6 Edge+ rear housing and screen assembly. You can undo the screws with the help of screwdriver.
Step 5: Remove the Samsung S6+ Plus rear panel.
With the screw out, push the Galaxy S6 Edge plus rear housing out of the LCD display assembly and then remove it.
Step 6: Disconnect several connectors on the Galaxy S6 Edge plus motherboard.
●Use the spudger tool or case opening tool, you can pry up the connectors of Samsung S6 Edge+ on the motherboard.
Note: These connectors include the S6 Edge Plus LCD display connector, touch screen digitizer connector, proximity sensor, battery connector and ear speaker connector etc.
● Disconnect the two cables on the motherboard.
● Lift up the connector beneath the Samsung galaxy s6 edge+ motherboard.
Step 7: Release the S6 Edge Plus motherboard.
With the connectors popped out, you can remove the motherboard from the Galaxy Edge plus display assembly now.
Samsung S6 Edge plus front facing camera and rear facing cameras are installed in the motherboard, so you can release them after you disassemble the edge+ motherboard.
Step 9: Replace the broken S6 Edge+ camera with a new replacement.
● Take a new Galaxy S6 Edge plus main camera or front facing camera replacement parts.
● Assemble the S6 edge+ front or rear facing cameras as well as other components in reversed steps.
Is it difficult to handle DIY repair broken Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ camera?
If you acquire some skills of DIY repairing Samsung Galaxy series smartphone, replacing the broken S6 Edge plus cameras with new replacements is not much difficulty for you. You can follow the tutorials or YouTube video below to step-by-step change the broken edge+ camera. DIY repair damaged S6 Edge plus camera can help you save money, but it might cause damage to your phone if you handle it incorrectly. Therefore, we highly recommend you change the broken Galaxy S6 edge+ front or rear facing camera under the instructions of a qualified person.
This Galaxy S6 Edge Plus disassembly or teardown video can help you fix broken cameras. It is only for your reference and hope you can successfully replace your broken Galaxy S6 edge+ cameras.
If you face any Samsung S6 Edge+ issues or problems, please feel free to let us know through the comments below.
Like the post? Share it now!