Fix cracked Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ screen with replacement
Samsung launched its 2015 flagship phablet-style smartphone Galaxy Note 5 along with Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (or galaxy s6 edge+) which is 0.6-inch bigger than its previous generation – 5.1-inch Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. The new Samsung Edge+ sports a super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and Corning Gorilla Glass 4, attracting quite a lot of Samsung fans. Although its glass-and-aluminum construction and curved-edge screen protected by scratch resistant glass is said to be future-proof, some Samsung S6 Edge+ owners complained that they suffered a shattered or broken S6 edge plus screen, which makes it difficult to complete even a simple task. In hence, the skills of Samsung cracked screen repair can be very important and if you have the potential to DIY fix it with new S6 Edge plus screen replacement, it can help you save money. Here we offer you a screen repair tutorial to help you fix a cracked Samsung S6 Edge Plus display or Galaxy S6 Edge+ screen.
How to fix broken S6 Edge+ screen with replacement for display repair?
Required Tools: Plastic Opening Tools, Screwdriver, Spudger, Tweezers, screen suction cup tool and Case opening tools, heat gun or hair dryer
Follow the tutorial of repairing S6 edge+ screens that are broken, cracked, broken or shattered step-by-step.
Step 1: Power off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
●Before starting the Galaxy Edge+ screen broken disassembly, you should first power off your device.
Step 2: Make sure your Samsung edge+ SIM card tray was taken out.
● Pop up your S6 Edge+ SIM card tray with the help of an ejector pin or the tweezers tool.
Step 3: Dispatch the Galaxy S6 Plus back glass cover.
● To remove the S6 Edge+ back panel, you can use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the adhesive holding the battery door.
● Push the case opening tool into the gap and try to cut the sticker, and then remove the Samsung S6 Edge plus back glass part.
● Generate a gap between the galaxy edge plus back panel and the rest of the body with the help of screen suction cup tool.
● Lift off the galaxy s6 plus back glass
Tips: The nasty adhesive is rock-solid and tight fit within the frame, making hard to open the Galaxy S6 Edge plus device. In hence, you should handle this part carefully and patiently to avoid any damage to the glass.
Step 4: Unscrew the 18 screws to remove the S6 Edge+ middle frame.
●These screws securing the Galaxy S6 Edge plus screen assembly and rear housing, and twisting them with screwdriver needs more patients.
Step 5: Remove the Samsung Galaxy S6 Plus rear panel.
● Pluck the Samsung S6 Edge+ rear housing and then remove it.
Step 6: Disconnect several connectors on the Samsung S6 Edge+ motherboard.
●With the help of spudger tool or case opening tool, you can disconnect the motherboard connectors of Samsung Edge+ easily.
Note: These connectors include the S6 Edge Plus LCD display connector, touch screen digitizer connector, proximity sensor, battery connector and ear speaker connector etc.
● Life up the connector beneath the galaxy s6 edge+ motherboard.
● Disconnect the two cables on the motherboard.
Step 7: Remove the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus motherboard.
●After popping out all of connectors on the motherboard, you can easily lift off the motherboard out of the Samsung Edge+ display now.
Step 8: Remove the Samsung Edge Plus battery.
● You can push an opening pick into the gap between the battery and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus display assembly and cut the adhesive holding the battery, or you can release the S6 Edge+ battery with the help of the spudger tool. Later, take out the battery.
Note: The adhesive is strictly glued, so you may need the heat gun or hair dryer to soften the sticker. You need to be careful when you handle this process and make sure not crack other parts of your s6 edge+.
Step 9: Release the related Galaxy S6 Edge Plus components from the front housing.
● These components include S6 Edge+ ear speaker, vibrating motor and sensor.
Note: The galaxy edge plus ear speaker flex cable is fragile, handle it carefully and gently to avoid any damage.
Step 10: Remove the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus charging port part if you can.
● The S6 Edge Plus USB port is integrated with the navigator flex between the device’s glass and LCD, so to remove the charging port, you should first disassemble the S6 Edge+ front glass.
Note: It is quite risky to tear down the Samsung s6 plus front glass and charging port. Therefore, to avoid further damage to the phone, you can find a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus screen assembly with frame and charging port replacement part, and replace your S6 Edge+ screen cracked or shattered at this process.
Step 11: The Galaxy S6 Edge+ screen broken with frame is separated and now you can replace it with a new Samsung S6 Edge+ screen replacement.
● Take a new Galaxy S6 Edge plus screen or display assembly for cracked, broken or shattered S6 Edge+ screen or display replacement repair.
● Reinstall the Samsung S6 Edge Plus with all the above-mentioned components in reversed steps.
Note: If you want to replace the cracked or shattered S6 Edge+ screen without the front housing part, you should pry up the Galaxy S6 display frame.
All photo sources: JerryRigEverything
Is it difficult to handle DIY fix Galaxy 6S Edge Plus cracked screen?
It is not difficult to remove the S6 Edge Plus back cover, motherboard, middle frame, battery and some small components. However, the galaxy s6 edge+ USB port is integrated with the navigator flex between the device’s glass and LCD, so removing the charging port needs disassembling the S6 Edge+ glass firstly. We recommend you replace the whole broken Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ LCD display assembly with frame and USB port for screen repair rather than only change the glass or the screen assembly, for replacing the Samsung S6 edge+ glass or charging port without destroying the display is going to be very difficult.
If you try to fix broken Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus LCD display, you’d better replace the cracked S6 Edge+ screen under the instructions of a qualified person. This S6 Edge Plus screen repair video from YouTube is only for your reference.
How to DIY Replace a Cracked, Broken or Shattered Screen for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ or S6 Plus? (Video)
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge or Note 5 and come across a cracked display, you can follow the guide for Samsung screen repairs.