Samsung has gained a great reputation from all walks of like though the courtesy of its wonderful cell phones: Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge in 2015. Plenty of cell phone customers run into problems with Wi-Fi when they experience a new phone, and both the S6 and S6 Edge are no exception. In this guide,
we walk you through the Wi-Fi problems on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, along with the potential solutions.
Problem: Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge Wi-Fi very slow, drops or won’t connect and how to fix them?
The Wi-Fi dropping issue has always annoyed millions of cell phone users and they might fell extremely frustrated when this problem happens to their new phones. Have you faced the cell phone problem with Wi-Fi when you hold your S6 or S6 Edge? There are many potential causes of a Wi-Fi problem, so we will list some potential solutions for you.
Potential solutions to Samsung Galaxy S6 Wi-Fi Problems:
- If your S6 Wi-Fi is set to close during sleep, you may fell the Wi-Fi fail to connect at some time. In hence, you’d better Go to Settings -> Select Wi-Fi -> Select More -> Tap Advanced -> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always.
- Try to turn your router off for 30-60 seconds, and it’s wise to turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 at the same time. Later, turn on them to check if the Wi-Fi problem is solved. Usually, this method works, but it’s rarely a permanent fix.
- Go to Settings -> WiFi -> Choose the network name -> Tap Forget network. After that, you are supposed to reconnect the Wifi by re-entering the password.
- Check out the connection option, and if your S6 failed to connect the 5GHz and the 2.4GHz is another option, try to switch it to see if it makes a difference.
- Sometimes, the cell phone Wi-Fi issue is caused by crowded channel. A free app like Wifi Analyzer can make sure that your channels aren’t too crowded. If you find that you’re using a busy channel, they try to switch to fix the S6 Wi-Fi problem.
- If the above-mentioned Wi-Fi solutions don’t work for your S6, you have no choice but to can call your manufacturers or ISP to check about the router firmware is up to date.
Potential solutions to Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Wi-Fi Problems:
- When your Galaxy S6 Edge runs into Wi-Fi problems, such as keeping dropping, won’t connect or very slow, the first thins is to restart the Galaxy S6 to see if the Wi-Fi connectivity issues persist. Hold the power button -> Choose Restart
- Reconnect the Wi-Fi is another solution. Go to Setting -> WiFi -> Choose the network name -> Forget. After that, you are supposed to reconnect the Wifi by re-entering the password.
- If the Samsung S6 Edge Wi-Fi connection problems still exist, you can try WiFi -> More -> Advanced -> Turn on Always allow scanning and Keep WiFi on during sleep.
- Try to restart your router by unplugging the router from power for 30-60 seconds to fix the S6 Edge Wifi problem.
- When all the previous options do not help you fix the Wi-Fi problem with your S6 Edge phone, you can check if the Wi-Fi problem is caused by your modem. If other devices do not connect successfully, the modem is the problem. You can restart your modem too.
- If all the above options of fixing S6 Edge Wi-Fi issues don’t work for you, you can search for your router name and instructions to check out if your firmware is updated or turn to your manufacturers or ISP for help.
Have you solved Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge Wi-Fi problems? Please let us known in the following comments.