Along with the Samsung Note 5, the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus was released in 2015. This phablet-style edge+ sports a super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and Corning Gorilla Glass 4, attracting quite a lot of Samsung fans. To help those people who experience a damaged or broken Galaxy Edge+, we have provided series 6S plus repair tutorials.
● How to Fix cracked Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ screen with replacement?
● How to Fix Broken Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ or Edge Plus Battery?
● How to Fix a Cracked Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ Glass Back Cover?
In this post, we teach you how to remove a Galaxy S6 Edge+ motherboard step-by-step.
Tips: These S6 plus repair tutorials may be useful for you in the future, so I suggest you bookmark the page so it will be easier to find in case you’ll encounter S6 edge+ problems or want to make the most out of it.
Required Tools: Heat gun or hair drier, Spudger, Tweezers, Screwdriver, Plastic Opening Tools, Eject Pin, Tweezers, screen suction cup tool and prying tool
Use an ejector pin or the tweezers tool to pop out the S6 plus SIM card tray
Step 3: Remove the Galaxy S6 Plus back glass cover.
- Use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the adhesive for 1 or 2 minutes. It is to loosen the sticker holding the S6 edge+ battery door
- Generate a gap between the galaxy edge plus back panel and the rest of the body with the help of screen suction cup tool.
- Push the case opening tool into the gap and try to cut the sticker.
- Lift off the galaxy s6 plus back glass cover now.
Tips: The S6 back cover is firmly attached to the frame with nasty adhesive, making hard to open the phone. In hence, you should handle this part carefully and patiently to avoid any damage to the glass.
Step 4: Unscrew the 18 screws to remove the S6 Edge+ middle frame.
Step 5: Remove the Samsung Galaxy S6 Plus rear panel.
Pluck the Samsung S6 Edge+ rear housing and then remove it.
Step 6: Disconnect several connectors on the Samsung S6 Edge+ motherboard.
1) Use the Spudger tool or case opening tool to pry up the motherboard connectors of Samsung S6 Edge+.
Note: These connectors include the S6 Edge Plus LCD display connector, touch screen digitizer connector, proximity sensor, battery connector and ear speaker connector etc.
2) Disconnect the two cables on the motherboard.
Step 7: The Galaxy S6 Edge Plus motherboard is disassembled.
After popping out all of connectors on the motherboard, you can easily remove the motherboard of the Samsung S6 Edge+ display now.
The YouTube video shows how to tear down Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. It would be helpful for you to know how to remove the Edge+ motherboard. It is only for your reference.
If you face any Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus problems, please feel free to let us know through the comments below.
Like the post? Share it now!