How to repair cracked Samsung Galaxy Note 5 screen with replacement
Released in August 2015, the new Samsung flagship Galaxy Note 5 features a 5.7 inch Quod HD super AMOLED display. Samsung Note 5 is designed with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 to prevent the device from damage. However, some Note5 users still encounter broken screen: shattered or cracked glass, dead pixels or color distortion on LCD display. If you are the one of those who experienced the Note 5 cracked screen problems and look for Samsung screen repair, this step-by-step tutorial of fixing a broken Galaxy Note 5 screen or display with screen replacement would help you.
Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 5 cracked or broken screen replacement step by step.
Required Part: A new Samsung screen replacement – the Galaxy Note 5 LCD and touch screen assembly
Step 1: Remember to power off your Galaxy Note 5 and take out your SIM card tray.
Step 2: Remove the Samsung Note 5 S pen.
Step 3: Start the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 screen repair by heating the back cover.
● Use a heat gun or hair drier around the edges to soften the adhesive.
● With the help of suction cup tool, you can generate a gap between the Note 5 display assembly and the back cover.
● Push an opening tool into the gap between the battery door and Galaxy Note5 screen assembly and cut the adhesive holding the battery.
Note: the Note 5 battery cover is glued by strong sticker, so you need to handle it carefully to avoid any damage.
Step 4: The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 back cover comes free now.
● After you remove the Note 5 battery door, you can check out the adhesive sticker (the white strip).
Step 5: Unscrew the 20 screws securing the Note 5 screen assembly and middle frame.
● Twisting the 20 screws with screwdriver needs more patients.
Step 6: With the screws out, now separate the Samsung Note 5 LCD display assembly from the rear housing
● Push the Galaxy note5 screen assembly from the rear housing.
Note: There is a little adhesive strip along the corner of the display assembly. Handle carefully and gently.
Step 7: Remove the Samsung Galaxy Note5 motherboard.
● Pry up the related connectors on the motherboard with the help of spudger.
Note: These connectors include the Note 5 LCD and screen flex connectors, charging port flex connector, earpiece assembly connector, and home button connector. Remember to release the USB board connector on the back.
● Release the two pieces of RF signal flex cables with the help of tweezers.
Note: Some Note 5 versions may have only one piece of RF signal cable.
● Now lift up the Galaxy Note 5 motherboard.
Step 8: Release the Galaxy Note5 vibrating motor and ear speaker assembly.
● Both of Note5 motor vibrator and ear speaker are assembled to the Note 5 front housing. Remove the Note 5 vibrating motor part with tweezers.
Note: the Samsung Note 5 earpiece assembly is integrated by speaker and sensors. Take care when you handle the disassembly.
Step 9: Remove the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 battery.
● Before prying up the Note 5 battery, you should release the battery connector from the motherboard.
Note: There are some adhesive stickers underneath the battery, so you can heat up the battery if necessary.
Step 10: Remove the Samsung Galaxy Note5 USB board part if you can.
● After twisting the screw holding the Note 5 charging port assembly, you can try to pry up this Samsung replacement part, but it is very difficult to handle it.
Note: The Galaxy Note 5 USB board comes with soft sensor keys, integrated with the navigator flex between the device’s glass and LCD, so to remove the charging port, you should first disassemble the Samsung Note 5 glass.
Step 11: Separate the Note 5 LCD screen assembly from the frame.
● Use a heat gun to loosen the glued adhesive around the glass.
Note: The Note 5 screen is quite weak and the glued adhesive is strong, so it is very difficult and risky to separate the Note 5 screen assembly from the frame.
●Slide into the gap between the Note 5 screen assembly and the front housing to cut the adhesive.
● Take out the Note 5s LCD screen assembly part
Note: You should pay attention to the soft sensor keys on the bottom especially the flex.
All photo sources: JerryRigEverything
Note: After finishing this step, you can take a new Note 5 LCD display assembly replacement with frame and charging port part for the cracked Samsung Note 5 screen repair. Reassemble it in reversal. If you want to replace the Galax Note5 screen without the front housing part, you can go ahead and pry up the Galaxy Note 5 display frame.
Step 12: Replace a new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 LCD screen assembly.
●Now the cracked galaxy note 5 screen is disassembled, and you can take a new Galaxy Note 5 screen assembly replacement part and reassemble all the components in reversed step.
Is it difficult to handle DIY Samsung Galaxy Note 5 cracked screen repair?
● Changing the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 LCD display and screen assembly with frame is not much difficulty. If you want to replace only the Note 5 screen assembly part without frame, you need to get special repair tool and professional helps by a qualified person, for the Note 5 screen is weak, the frame is glued strongly with adhesive and the soft sensor flex is fragile. The difficulty and risky to remove Note 5 screen alone are getting nearly 5 stars (5 scores all together) respectively. Considering DIY replace Note5 LCD screen alone without destroying the display is more difficult, we highly recommend you change the broken screen with a new Note 5 LCD assembly with frame replacement part for broken screen repair.
You can step-by-step replace a new Note 5 display replacement under the professional screen repair instructions by a qualified person. This cracked Galaxy Note 5 screen repair video from YouTube is only for your reference.
How to DIY Replace a Cracked Screen for Samsung Galaxy Note 5? (Video)
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and come across a cracked display, you can follow the guide for Samsung screen repairs.