Released on September 25, 2015, our favorite fruit-based Apple 6S or 6S Plus have attracted a number of adopters. We definitely desire that this iPhone 6S or 6S Plus is a perfect smartphone without any problems. However, the early Apple 6S users reported that they have run into some problems. You can take a look at the potential solutions to the common problems coming from iPhone 6S or 6S Plus as well as the updated iOS 9.0 or the new iOS 9.0.1 before you turn to Apple Store for help.
1. Apple iPhone 6S or 6S Plus Touch Screen Problem Descriptions
1.1 6S or 6S Plus 3D touch not working problem:
Some iPhone 6S and 6S plus users said they have problems with the 3D touch not working.
Troubleshooting to the iPhone 6S or 6S Plus 3D touch issue
- You can first check out if your 3D touch function is active, for the 6S problem may be caused by the disabled toggle setting. To make sure the 3D toggle is on, you can go to Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch.
- If the setting is fine but the 3D Touch is still not working, it maybe a hardware issue, so you have to swap out your broken 6S or 6S plus for a new one.
1.2 iPhone 6S or 6S Plus hot home button problem and how to solve it:
The hot 6S home button is in the case with 3D touch issues. Some iPhone 6S owners said their 6S home buttons are too hot to touch, and they have tried the wiping and restoring methods but fail. It can be assured that the 6S home button is a kind of hardware issues, so the best way to solve it is to swap out your new phone.
1.3 Apple 6S or 6S Plus touch screen stops responding problem:
Some 6S adopters ran into the problem that their touch screens have stopped responding to gestures.
Troubleshooting to the iPhone 6S or 6S Plus touch screen issue
- You can first turn the 6S off with the power button and turn it on again.
- Reset your iPhone 6S by holding down the home button and the power button at the same time. The phone will turn back on after a few seconds with a workable touch screen.
- When you try the first time and find it is unworkable, you can try again to make sure the issues are solved. Every time when you reboot your phone, you need to re-enter your passcode to access your apps and files, so make sure you have remembered your passcode before reseting your iPhone.
2. iPhone 6S or 6S Plus Battery Problems Descriptions:
2.1 The iPhone 6S or 6S Plus poor battery life problem:
The battery life issues exist in the previous iPhone generations and the new 6S battery is no exception. To be frank, the poor battery life is the one of the most frustrating issues for some 6S adopters. If you notice your 6S is draining battery faster than it should be, you can try the solutions below.
Solutions: How to solve the iPhone 6S or 6S Plus battery problem?
- Usually, the third-part apps running behind the scenes would use up your battery life, so you should first go to Settings -> Battery -> Check out the apps consuming your battery life the most. Then turn off the apps by going to General -> Background App Refresh -> Scroll to the apps running processes in the background even while they’re closed -> Move the slider to off.
- If you run the iOS 9.0, you can extend your battery life by going to Settings -> Battery -> Tap the low power mode.
2.2 iPhone 6S or 6S plus overheating issues and how to fix it.
If you find your iPhone 6S or 6S plus have overheating problem, you can find the related solutions below.
- Check out Settings -> Battery -> Find out the apps running in the background. The third-part app running amuck behind the scenes may cause your phone to overheat. After finding out the culprit causing most of battery consumption, you can disable their access to the background activity or uninstall them if you use them seldom.
- If it doesn’t work for you, you also can try going to Settings -> General -> Tapping Reset All Settings. Remember to back up all of your data if you try this way.
- Some overheating issues are caused by the hardware problem, so if you are unable to DIY handle the overheating problem by following the above instructions, you can go into the Apple Store to swap out your new iPhone 6S.
3. Apple iPhone 6S or 6S Plus Update Problems Descriptions:
The Update Problem with getting stuck on the Slide to Update screen during setup or an iOS installation is a kind of common problems for iPhone users, and when they upgrade their phones to 6S and find the update problem still exists.
Solutions: How to solve the iPhone 6S or 6S Plus update issues?
- If you get stuck on the slide to update screen during setup, you can fix the issue by unplugging your 6S or 6S plus from iTunes and try it again.
- If you run into the update problem when you install the new iOS 9.0.1, you can unplug your iPhone 6S from iTunes and install the update Over-the-Air.
- If the problem still persists with your Apple 6S or 6S plus, you can try the solutions of restoring your device from a backup:
Step 1: Connect your iOS 6S or 6S Plus to your computer and open iTunes.
Step 2: Select your device. If you don’t see it listed, force restart your Apple 6S or 6S Plus by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Step 3: If you made an iTunes backup of your device before updating to iOS 9, restore your device from that backup. If not, you need to make a backup of your 6S or 6S Plus in iTunes, then restore from that backup.
4. Apple 6S or 6S Plus Wi-Fi Problems Descriptions:
If you find your 6S or 6S Plus run into the Wi-Fi problem with slow speed or failed connection suddenly, and you can’t find a Apple Genius in hand, you can try the following solutions.
Solutions: How to solve the iPhone 6S or 6S Plus Wi-Fi issues?
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings and wait for several minutes for the networking reset. After that, you have to re-enter your Wi-Fi passwords to get access the network again, so make sure you have the passwords handy.
- If the resetting network doesn’t work for you, you can try going to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Select your connection ->Tap Forget this Network. After that, you can reconnect the Wi-Fi networks.
- If the above-mentioned solutions fail to solve the 6S or 6S Plus problems, you can turn off your iPhone and unplug your router for a few minutes then restart both of them.
- Sometimes, the iPhone Wi-Fi problem may be caused by the firmware problem, so you need to confirm if your firmware is up-to-date by checking the router’s manual. Consulting your manufacturers or ISP to check about the router firmware is another choice.
5. Apple iPhone 6S or 6S Plus App Problems Descriptions:
It is common that iPhone users encounter the app problems during app updates, running and download from App Store. Here we walk you through several solutions to solve App issues for your iPhone 6S or 6S Plus.
Solutions: How to solve the iPhone 6S or 6S App problems?
- If you run into the app problems during the app download on your Apple 6S or 6S Plus, you can try a hard reset by holding down the 6S or 6S Plus power button and home button for 10 seconds and release them when the Apple Logo appears on the screen. After rebooting your 6S and 6S Plus, you can try to download the apps again.
- If that doesn’t work, rapidly tap “Update” on an app before the “Open” symbol appears next to the app on the App Store. If that doesn’t work, wait a few hours and then try again. We’ve heard that problems have simply gone away after a few hours.
- It’s usual that some apps would have bugs and the app developer would update the app versions to fix bugs. In hence, app developers would roll out support for the new iOS 9 on your iPhone 6S or 6S Plus. You can check out when the new app updates are available and install them in time.
Have you met other iPhone 6S or 6S Plus problems? If so, please tell us in the following comments.