Comments on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ unresponsive or freezing touch screen problems or issues
Description of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Unresponsive Screen Problem:
– Loving the phone but every day it will have a moment where the phone becomes unresponsive at the lock screen or when attempting to open a app. It will take 30 seconds or so before it operates normally again. I can press any button and nothing and then it catches up all at once with the screen doing a few actions.
Not sure if any other edge+ users have experienced this and what resolved it?
Description of Galaxy S6 Edge+ Freezing Touch Screen Problem:
– Had the exact same problem with my phone. Happened up to 3-5 times a day for me though. Tried a couple of factory resets which didn’t help. Stuck Google Now Launcher on there to see if removing TouchWiz as the default helped, which it didn’t. Also tried removing fingerprint unlock and I don’t think that helped either, but interested to know if that might have been the issue – any further info?
Eventually decided to return the phone for a replacement, which is coming in a couple of days. Bit worried it might have the same issue but fingers crossed it doesn’t…
Description of Samsung S6 Edge Plus Unresponsive Screen Issues:
Mine has been doing the same for a few weeks now. It mainly happens when I’m turning the screen on with the home button. It can freeze for around 30 seconds. My phone also hangs and freezes when playing video in Chrome.
I’ve tried the suggestion of clearing the cache with a reboot and I’ve used app disabler to turn off all the bloatware, but still no good. I don’t even have that many apps on my phone nor am I using Nova Launcher. The phone is fantastic, but I’m starting to regret selling my Note Edge.
Description of S6 Edge Plus (Edge+ ) Freezing Screen Issues:
– I have the exact same problem about once a day… Works smooth as butter and all of a sudden it completely freezes. Always when I want to unlock the phone.
Description of Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (Edge+ ) Black Screen Issues:
– I had this problem a month ago. Black screen, frozen. Only way out was to lock phone with side button or close wallet case for a second or 2. Then wake phone.
– My phone has recently been getting worse and worse in regards to freezing. Anyways, a couple of days ago I used the built in encryption feature on the phone and it hasn’t froze since. Fingers crossed this may have sorted the problem out.
Potential solutions to fix unresponsive or freezing Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or Edge+ touch screen problems or issues for your reference.
Troubleshooting 1: Clean your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus screen to solve the unresponsive touch screen issue.
Troubleshooting 2: Recharge your S6 Edge Plus to fix the freezing touch screen.
Troubleshooting 3: Reboot or restart your S6 Edge+ to solve the problem that it won’t turn on.
Troubleshooting 4: To fix frozen galaxy s6 edge+ screen issue, you also can wipe the cache partition.
Troubleshooting 5: Disable the related apps causing the S6 Edge plus frozen or unresponsive screen.
Troubleshooting 6: Perform a Factory Reset to have the frozen or unresponsive screen problems on Samsung S6 Edge Plus fixed.
Troubleshooting 7: Get support from Samsung to solve the frozen home screen problem on Galaxy S6 Edge+
Troubleshooting 8: DIY repair broken or damaged Galaxy S6 Edge Plus screen.