Released in August 2015, the new Samsung flagship Galaxy Note 5 features a 5.7 inch Quod HD super AMOLED display. Samsung Note 5 is designed with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 to prevent the device from damage. To help those people who experience a damaged or broken Note 5, we have provided series note 5 repair tutorials.
● How to repair cracked Samsung Galaxy Note 5 screen with replacement?
● How to Repair a Broken Galaxy Note 5 Glass Back Cover with Replacement?
● How to Fix Broken Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Battery with Replacement?
In this post, we teach you how to remove a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 motherboard by yourself.
Tips: These Note 5 repair tutorials may be useful for you in the future, so I suggest you bookmark the page so it will be easier to find in case you’ll encounter note 5 problems or want to make the most out of it.
Required Tools: Heat gun, Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips #000 Screwdriver, Plastic Opening Tools, Eject Pin, Tweezers, screen suction cup tool and prying tool
Step 1: Power off your Note 5 and release the SIM card tray.
Step 2: Take out the Samsung Note 5 S pen.
Step 3: Heat up the Galaxy Note 5 back cover.
- Use a heat gun or hair drier around the edges to soften the adhesive.
- With the help of suction cup tool, you can generate a gap between the Note 5 display assembly and the back cover.
- Push an opening tool into the gap between the battery door and Galaxy Note5 screen assembly and cut the adhesive holding the battery.
Note: the Note 5 battery cover is glued by strong sticker, so you need to handle it carefully to avoid any damage.
Step 4: The Samsung Note 5 back cover is removed.
After you remove the Note 5 battery door, you can check out the adhesive sticker (the white strip).
Step 5: Unscrew the 20 screws installed in the Note 5 frame.
These screws hold the Note 5 screen assembly and middle frame, and you need to twist them with screwdriver tool.
Step 6: Separate the Note 5 rear housing from the screen assembly.
Push the Galaxy note5 screen assembly from the rear housing.
Note: There is a little adhesive strip along the corner of the display assembly. Handle carefully and gently.
Step 7: Remove the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 motherboard.
1) Pry up the related connectors on the motherboard with the help of spudger tool.
Note: These connectors include the Note5 LCD and screen flex connectors, charging port flex connector, earpiece assembly connector, and home button connector. Remember to release the USB board connector on the back.
2) Release the two pieces of RF signal flex cables with the help of pry tool.
Note: Some Note 5 versions may have only one piece of RF signal cable.
3) Now lift up the Galaxy Note 5 motherboard.
Step 8: The Galaxy Note 5 motherboard is removed now.
The YouTube video shows how to disassemble or tear down Samsung Galaxy note 5. It would be helpful for you to know how to remove the Note 5 motherboard. It is only for your reference.
If you face any Galaxy Note 5 problems, please feel free to let us know through the comments below.
Like the post? Share it now!