How to Repair a Broken Galaxy Note 5 Glass Back Cover with Replacement
A number of Galaxy Note 5 users these days posted their problems to forums, mentioning that they suffered broken, cracked or shattered Note 5 glass back cover when they unfortunately dropped their phones to the floor or tables. The Note 5 back cover is designed with glass, which increases the risk of breakage or damage. When you experience a cracked Galaxy Note 5 back cover, don’t panic! Replacing a broken Samsung Note 5 back panel is not a difficult job and you can handle it yourself.
This step-by-step tutorial of fixing a cracked Galaxy Note 5 back glass cover would help you fulfill the broken note 5 back panel replacement.
Required Tools for replacing a cracked note 5 back glass with new replacement:
Hair drier or heat gun (if you have), plastic opening tools, eject pin tool, screen suction cup tool and prying tool
Required Part: a new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 glass back cover or back panel replacement
Step 1: Remember to power your Samsung Note 5 off and take out your SIM card tray.
● It is the first thing you should do to start the Note 5 cracked back glass cover replacement.
Step 2: Remove the Galaxy Note 5 S pen.
● If you have putted your Note 5 back to the slot, you need to take it out.
Step 3: Cover the cracked part on your Samsung Note 5 back glass with tape.
● To avoid the possible damage to you during the repair process on broken note5 back glass replacement, you can cover the broken place on note 5 back cover with transparent adhesive tape.
Step 4: Heat up the Galaxy Note 5 back glass part to loosen the adhesive.
The Note 5 back glass is firmly attached to its rear frame with strong adhesive. To remove the Note 5 back panel, you should soften the adhesive first.
● Use a heat gun or hair drier to soften the adhesive around the edges. It usually takes 2-3 minutes.
● Pull up a gap with the help of a suction cup tool between the Note 5 display assembly and the back glass cover.
● Push an opening tool into the gap between the battery door and Galaxy Note5 screen assembly and cut the adhesive holding the battery cover. Sometimes, several opening tools would be more helpful at this step.
Note: If you find it difficult to insert the opening tool, you can re-heat the Note 5 back glass to loosen the adhesive.
Step 5: The broken Samsung Galaxy Note 5 back glass cover is removed now.
After you remove the Note 5 battery door, you can see the adhesive sticker.
● Use a piece of microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol to clear the Samsung note5 adhesive residue.
● Take a new Galaxy Note 5 back cover replacement part and remove the protective film.
Step 6: Apply the new Galaxy Note 5 back glass panel to your device.
●When applying the new note 5 back cover, you need to handle carefully to make sure it is aligned correctly. After that, press and hold the galaxy note5 back cover to ensure that it is fully attached to the rear frame.
All photo sources: JerryRigEverything
If your Note 5 display or screen is cracked, broken or shattered, the galaxy note5 screen repair tutorial is a great help of you: How to repair cracked Samsung Galaxy Note 5 screen with replacement?
Is it difficult to DIY repair cracked, broken or shattered Samsung Note 5 glass back cover?
If you have DIY repair cell phone experience, fixing broken Note 5 back glass with new replacement is not much difficulty for you. If you want to fix a problematic Note 5 back glass panel, you can purchase a new note5 back glass replacement part and the related repair tool on the Internet and follow the repair tutorial step by step to have it repaired. Considering DIY repair the cracked, shattered or broken Note5 back glass cover without experience would cause damage to your device, we highly recommend you replace the damaged Note 5 with the instructions of a qualified person.
Note: Please kindly note that the Samsung Note 5 back glass is firmly attached to its rear frame with strongly sticky glue. In hence, you should be careful during the process of removing the shattered Note 5 back panel part. Hope you can successfully replace your broken Samsung Note 5 glass back cover.
This broken Galaxy Note 5 battery repair video from YouTube is only for your reference.
If you face any Note 5 problems, please feel free to let us know through the comments below.
How to DIY Replace a Cracked Glass Back Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 ? (Video)